Monday 6 September 2010

Home Beautiful Oct 2010 Issue

Home Beautiful (AUS) Oct 2010
This issue hit news stands today. I received my issue last Friday, but unfortunately have not had the time to review & post as I worked the weekend & have come down with a dreaded sinus infection (occupational hazard).

Anyhow, this issue was not a great one for me with respect to the homes featured. Don't get me wrong, all the homes featured are very nice but the are just lacking the overall 'wow' factor in my opinion. The homes' architecture seems to outshine their interiors. Only a couple of the homes had elements that had me thinking they were nice, but not spectacular. Most of the homes featured lacked colour & seemed a bit banal.

I did find some aspects of the magazine I liked this month. Some individual products featured caught my eye as did articles like the one featuring Jennifer Jones, the designer behind the eponymous have you met miss jones lifestyle label.

jennifer jones profile (pictures only)

Especially loving the pendant light, tea towel & cushions.

Thought this was interesting. Not exactly my cup of tea, but I do appreciate it nonetheless. Check out more wall sized wallpaper images by Eijffinger.

a collage of pages 38 & 40
Page 38 features 25 year old designer Henry Pilcher. His 'Block 2' lights can be seen in the above pic, top left hand side. This is a designer to watch with his 'Block 2' lights being stocked by Anibou, the high-end retailer of "exceptionally well designed & made, local & international furniture'.
Page 40 showcases the winners of the VIVID (Vibrant Visions in Design) awards from the Furnitex furniture trade fair.
Quite like the flooring.

Liking the pop of colour on the bedhead from the contrasting turquoise buttons. Also liking the side table.
A guest bedroom from one the homes featured this month. The wallpaper is a standout for me in the homes featured this month.

As you can tell from this post, I was hard pressed to find images from this month's issue that I loved enough to share with you all. I guess that's the way it goes sometimes. It's good one month, great the next & so-so the one after.

Looking forward to better things next month.

Sandy K
[above images impatiently scanned by SandyK]
Related Posts with Thumbnails